Care and Repair and Staying Put Schemes

Voluntary organisations called Care & Repair or Staying Put exist in many areas of the county to assist people who may have difficulty arranging for repairs to be done to their home.They can give advice and may also be able to help with obtaining grants and organising contractors.

However, we are not aware of any Care and Repair and Staying Put Schemes in this borough.

Hertsmere Borough Council provides financial assistance to some older and/or disabled home owners for adaptations. Home Repair Assistance grants are available for older people on low incomes for work on property to keep it fit for human habitation. Maximum grant is 2,500. These grants are not for tenants of Registered Social Landlords.
Hertsmere Council can be contacted by telephoning 020 8207 7435, or e-mailing
Or click on the signpost for the Hertsmere Borough Council website.

Information about equipment and adaptations is also available by clicking on the link below: home     back to societies    source:  Herts Direct.   Updated: 31/1/2004.      privacy and disclaimer